Leave a Lasting Legacy
There are many ways to leave a lasting legacy to your community. One of the most common and effective means of ensuring that the charitable organizations and causes you’ve loved during your lifetime will continue to be supported long after you’re gone is to name the Watertown Area Community Foundation in your will or estate plan. Contributing to a qualified charity such as the Watertown Area Community Foundation can be very beneficial from a tax standpoint as well.
Here’s How it Works:
- You include the Watertown Area Community Foundation in your will as a bequest and specify the purpose of the fund. If no specification is made, your bequest legacy will support ever-changing community needs.
- You notify us and we will recognize you for your gift. You will then qualify for membership in our Legacy Society and, unless you request anonymity, your name will be published in our annual report.
- Upon your death we will set up a fund in your name, in the name of your family, or in honor of any person or organization you have chosen.
- Your gift will be placed in a fund that is carefully invested and will grow over time; grant distributions from the fund will be used to address community needs. Our Board will issue grants in the name of your fund. (If you prefer, grants can be made anonymously.)
- Granting from funds begins when fund balance reaches $20,000.
You may also start your Legacy Fund by making an annual gift that will grow your fund over time.
We will handle all the administrative details. Making a bequest to the Watertown Area Community Foundation is an easy way to transfer cash, appreciated stocks or bonds, real or personal property or other assets.
For more information, contact WACF Executive Director Jan DeBerg at 605-882-3731 or email her at: email@example.com.