Supporting a Wide Range of Causes and Needs
The Watertown Area Community Foundation currently manages more than 100 funds that benefit a diverse range of causes and needs.These funds are combined in a pool whose earnings are disbursed to nonprofit organizations, charitable and education projects and scholarships according to the intent of each donor.
The following funds have been established by people and groups who have chosen the Watertown Area Community Foundation as their partner in philanthropy.
Established to respond to the needs of the community.
- Anonymous Donor Fund II
- Randy and Laurie Benson Fund
- Dennis & Cindy Burrell Fund
- Dale & Diane Christensen Fund
- Liam & Amanda Culhane Fund
- Dave & Marlys Fie Family Fund
- Walter C. Parliament Fund
- Nancy R. Petersen Memorial Fund
- Mark D. & Barbara B. Pingrey Fund
- Ethel A. Rau Fund
- Clark & Mary Ann Redlinger Fund
- Sophia Riddle Fund
- John & Elizabeth Rislov Fund
- Lee & Jan Schull Fund
- Velma Vincent Fund
- Oliver & Junice Wolden Fund
Donor Advised Funds
Donors recommend annual grant recipients in the Watertown area.
- Greg Blow Fund
- Jeff & Sherri Brindle Fund
- Milt & Chris Carter Fund
- Allen & Connie Fannin Family Fund
- Giving Back 365 Fund
- Cliff and Donna Herzog Family Fund
- County Fair Foods of Watertown Fund
- Father Jerome Holtzman Community Fund
- John & Cynthia Hopper Charitable Fund
- Robert Jenson & Arlene Brandt-Jenson Fund
- Christopher (Chris) Rieb Fund
- Mark & Ronda Roby Fund
- Doug & Lynn Sharp Charitable Fund
- Anthony J. Vitek Fund
- Darwin K. & Fern B. Williams Fund
- Women & Giving Fund
- Judy Lynn Wright Memorial Fund
Donor Designated Funds
To support the donors’ chosen charities.
- Ruth Alberts Animal Care Fund - grants awarded for the care and feeding of the animals at Bramble Park Zoo.
- Anonymous Donor Fund I -supporting the Watertown Area United Way.
- Anonymous Donor Fund III - The fund will support designated non-profit organizations in the area.
- Anonymous Donor Fund V -supporting the Watertown Area Community Foundation, Prairie Lakes Healthcare Systems, Human Service Agency, Mother of God Priory, Lake Area Zoological Society and Jenkins Methodist Home, Inc.
- Dorothy & Ruby Antritter Fund – supporting the Watertown Area Community Foundation, Human Service Agency Foundation, Prairie Lakes Healthcare Foundation and First Congregational Church of Watertown.
- Jack & Maisie Barrick Fund – supporting the Watertown Area Community Foundation, Watertown Zoological Society, Human Service Agency Foundation, Lake Area Technical College Foundation, Boys and Girls Club of Watertown and Jenkins Living Center, Inc.
- B. Lorraine Case “Once Upon a Time” Fund - supporting educational events and children’s programming at the Watertown Regional Library.
- Chief Jo’s HHH Fund – To provide hope and healing for children of sexual abuse through an equine experience at Joy Ranch.
- Herb & Betty Hanten Family Fund – supporting Town Players, Boys & Girls Club of Watertown, Community Transit of Watertown/Sisseton, Inc. and the Beacon Center.
- Violet Hayes Memorial Fund - supporting the Salvation Army’s general operating fund.
- Irving & Eula Hinderaker Fund- supporting quality of life in the Watertown area.
- Lauretta Hoff Donor Fund - supporting projects of the Zoological Society.
- Merlin & Sharon Jeitz Fund – supporting designated charities in the community.
- LCH, Inc. DBA Quality Inn & Suites Fund – to support Friends of the Goss Foundation.
- William & Sharon Malcom Fund – to support the local charitable activities of Human Service Agency, Joy Ranch, the Salvation Army and the Watertown Area Community Foundation.
- Nellie Marie Newcomb Fund – supporting the Watertown Area Community Foundation and the Boys and Girls Club of Watertown, as well as a scholarship in memory of Treva Ginther.
- Louise I. Lauer Fund - supporting animals, wildlife and their habitat.
- Vera Way Marghab Fund - designated distributions to the Watertown Community Concert Association as well as field of interest recommendations in the areas of education, the arts and Watertown beautification and historical preservation.
- Raymond B. McRoden & Marie McRoden Memorial Fund – supporting local youth.
- Joy C. Nelson Fund – supporting Joy Ranch.
- Harley & Marilyn Petersen Fund - supporting Codington County Historical Society and Watertown Park & Rec Department specifically for the bike trail and skate park.
- Lew & Patricia Raderschadt Fund – to annually support local non-profits.
- Donus & Lovila Roberts ABC Book Club Fund - supporting reading programs in the Watertown School District.
Field of Interest Funds
Focusing on concerns/areas important to the donors.
- Florence Bruhn Fund -supporting the promotion of dramatic and visual arts in Watertown.
- David & Jan DeBerg Fund – supporting quality of life for area women and children.
- Bernice Kuester Fund – supporting youth, sports, activities and community projects.
- Dr. Edwin W. Harper Fund – supporting public music programs by band and orchestra; and tree planting in public areas.
- Ervin & Sybil Schafer Fund – supporting local historical activities.
- ShopO Watertown Women’s Empowerment Fund -
- Dale & Jan Valberg Fund – assisting with child welfare in the Watertown area.
- Kenneth B. & Myrtle F. (Mickey) Way Fund – designated distributions to the Watertown Community Concert Association and Town Players and the arts, education and human services.
Legacy Fund Society
Established as future funds.
- Chris Berger Fund – to be determined
- Dan Christensen Fund – to be determined
- Scott & Jodi Driscoll Fund – to be determined
- Dean & Ardyce Gackstetter Fund – supporting future scholarships.
- Brad & Carol Johnson Fund – to be determined.
- Dave & Jan Johnson Fund – to be determined.
- Ronald & Cathy Jutting Fund – to be determined.
- Vicki Kingslien Fund – to help women in rural areas with emphasis on farming and education.
- Larkin Family Fund – supporting cultural, charitable purposes with special focus on South Dakota Symphony performances in Watertown.
- Joy & Dan Miller Fund – A designated distribution to Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots program in South Dakota and also supporting the following fields of interest: local programs for women, youth and animals.
- Brian & Gayle Robertson Fund - unrestricted
- James K. & Sandra K. Stoudt Family Fund - unrestricted
- Nancy Turbak Berry Fund – to be determined
- Russ & Charlene Wilkins Family Fund – unrestricted, but the principal field of interest is for conservation projects of a permanent nature, or permanent projects being done by the local Isaack Walton League.
- Bill & Cathy Zubke Fund – to provide an annual match to the Watertown Area Retired School Personnel Scholarship Fund and other annual distributions to PACH, Glacial Lakes Humane Society, Hospice at Prairie Lakes Healthcare System, Jenkins Living Center and PEO Chapter CE.