Support the Women and Children of our Area
Women & Giving was started by the Watertown Area Community Foundation in 2004. Through the years women have raised and donated thousands of dollars on a mission to help area women and children overcome barriers, increase their opportunities and achieve their goals.
Each year, the number participating has grown and, gratefully, each year the amount of money raised and granted has increased. A few of the many projects that have benefited from Women & Giving include: Roots and Shoots/Girls Rule program at Bramble Park Zoo, the Beacon Center, the Boys & Girls Club, and the Delta Dental Care Mobile visit which provides free dental care to children who would otherwise have none. In addition, thousands of dollars are awarded in scholarships to non-traditional, female students at Lake Area Technical College and Mount Marty College in Watertown. These varied projects truly change and improve the lives of area women and children.
Because of the success of the Women & Giving program and to ensure its future, a permanent endowment fund was established at the Foundation in 2010. Donors support Women & Giving through gifts designated to both the endowment fund and for immediate granting.
Women & Giving Advisory Committee
- Sandy Albertsen
- Jan Brooks
- Prudy Calvin
- Chris Carter
- Cammie Mengwasser
- Susan Geyerman
- Nancy Linneman
- Julie Ranum
- Kathy Witte-Holmes
2021 Women & Giving Grants
- Beacon Center: $8,085
- Boys & Girls Club of Watertown: $2,500
- Brothers & Sisters Behind Bars: $11,140
- CASA: $1,000
- Community Transit of Watertown/Sisseton: $2,000
- Drug Court: $2,500
- ICAP Delta Dental Mobile: $1,250
- LATC Educare: $600
- LAZS Girls Rule: $8,630
- Lincoln PTO: $672
- Watertown Area United Way Dolly Parton Imagination Library: $1,475
- Watertown School District - Social Worker: $2,000
- Watertown Snow Queen: $500
- Watertown Regional Library: $2,000
2021 Women & Giving Scholarships
The following have each been awarded a $1,000 scholarship:
- Krystal Kadoun, Melissa Lorenzen, Misty Maakestad, Haley Skinner and Lacey Small, all attending LATC; and Marcy Kohl and Cassie Swedeen, both attending Mount Marty.